I Actually Started A While Ago
Title says it all. I started outlining the actual story and writing the first couple scenes of dialogue several months ago. It's been a little bit of an on-and-off project, what with the mental illness and desperately trying to cling to a school career that ended up falling through. The actual story went through more than a few iterations, especially regarding its themes and goals. I don't want to spoil those here.
The story was originally going to have a few endings, until I realized that would undermine the point that it was hurtling toward. It's only got one ending, which makes it more of a kinetic novel than a visual one. Genres are for chumps, though. I'll keep referring to it as "my vn" when I talk about it.
Lilah was also originally going to be a way, way worse person, which I'm glad I changed.
I've been working a rather mindless job this week which has allowed me some freedom to write and begin transferring the script from its home in the Google Doc to RenJS, as a partial experiment in workflow. It's a bit tedious, but it gets the job done. For now, though, I think I'll continue to write in the Doc, and transfer things to the engine either when I feel like it or when I have nothing else to write. It'll make editing easier.
For now, I leave you with Lilah's first real concept arts. Cheers.